Terms and conditions of acceptance
Please read carefully
Full Refund of Tuition Fees (Payable within two weeks of request or course* start date, whichever first occurs)
The University will make a full refund of tuition fees, in the following circumstances:
- Application for a visa is unsuccessful;
- The University is unable to provide the tuition for which the offer has been made;
- An offer of a place is withdrawn by the University;
- Applicant is unable to satisfy prescribed conditions stipulated in the 'Offer Conditions'.
In the case of either (c) or (d) the University reserves the right to retain an administration charge of A$500 and where applicable, any agent's fee, if the applicant has provided incomplete or incorrect information.
Partial Refund of Tuition Fees (Payable within four weeks of receipt of notice of withdrawal)
The University may make a partial refund of tuition fees in the following circumstances:
- If written notice of withdrawal is received from a candidate at least 28 days prior to the commencement of the course* all fees are refundable, less an administration charge of A$500 and where applicable, any agent's fee; or
- If written notification of withdrawal is received from a candidate less than 28 days prior to the commencement of a course* all fees are refundable, less an administration charge of A$750 and where applicable, any agent's fee; or
- If the University is unable to offer a specific element of a course* after the student arrives owing to insufficient numbers enrolled, a pro-rata refund will be made; or
- If a student passes the English for Academic Purposes course* earlier than the length of period for which the student initially enrolled, a pro-rata refund will be made.
No Fee Refund
The University will not refund tuition fees if written notification of withdrawal from a course* is received after the commencement of the course*. This includes instances where a student may, prior to completion of a course*, sit for an IELTS Test and be successful.
*For ELICOS a "course" will be defined as the period for which tuition has been pre-paid.
Copies of detailed 'Refund Policies' will be included in the Orientation material given to commencing students or they may be obtained from the International Office, University of Newcastle.