University of Newcastle and China Scholarship Council (CSC) PhD Scholarships
China Scholarship Council
In collaboration with the China Scholarship Council (CSC), the University of Newcastle offers tuition fee scholarships to outstanding Chinese PhD candidates. This is indicative of the close relationship we have with the CSC and reinforces our commitment to research opportunities for high-calibre Chinese candidates.
Candidates from top ranking Chinese universities are encouraged to apply for the scholarships which include:
- All tuition and research fees
- Living allowance supplement to bridge any gap between CSC entitlement and the Australian Postgraduate Award level (AU$25,849 per annum in 2015)
- Return airfares from China to Australia
- Visa fees, Overseas Student Health Cover for the duration of the course (up to four years) and the University's Student Services and Amenities Fee (SSAF)
- Dedicated workspace and University laptop with standard suite of software
Candidates can also apply for annual funding of AU$1500 for research related activities such as conference attendance or other pursuits that can improve research outcomes.
Successful candidates will also have access to our outstanding facilities and services, including:
- Cutting-edge research and laboratory facilities
- Peer mentoring program for new research candidates
- Four modern and comprehensive libraries
- Award winning buildings
- State-of-the-art sporting complex as well as shops and cafés all set within a natural bushland campus
To apply for a joint scholarship you must:
- Be a citizen and permanent resident of the People's Republic of China at the time of application
- Not be currently working or studying abroad
- Fulfil academic entry requirements set by the University of Newcastle, Australia, including English language proficiency
- Fulfil all requirements of the CSC
- Be intending to pursue a PhD in one of the priority academic areas identified by the CSC or the University of Newcastle, Australia
Please note you must have a letter of offer from the University of Newcastle, Australia before applying for the CSC component of the scholarship.
The CSC application process usually begins in late February of each year and is only open for a maximum of 30 days.
Find out more
Download the Research Scholarships China brochure.
|Office of Graduate Studies|
The University of Newcastle
Callaghan NSW 2308 Australia
T +61 2 4921 6595+61 2 4921 6537
|The China Scholarship Council|
China Scholarship Council
Level 13, Building A3, Five Buildings
No.9 Chegongzhuang Avenue
Beijing 100044, P. R. China
T +86-(0)10 6609 3967+86-(0)10 6609 3967
F +86-(0)10 6609 3963