Costs and scholarships
Tuition, the cost of teaching, is the main fee that you will pay to the University. International students pay a deposit fee when they accept their offer to study at the University of Newcastle. The deposit will first be allocated toward Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) and the remaining amount will be put toward the first term’s tuition fees and the Student Services Amenities Fee (SSAF). The price of tuition varies for each student, based on your level of study, program of study, and the individual courses that you take. The deposit may not cover the full cost of your first term of fees.
Fee information for International students
- Full list of programs available to International Students
- 2019 International Undergraduate indicative annual fees by program
- 2019 International Postgraduate indicative annual fees by program
- 2019 International Research indicative annual fees by program
- 2019 International Undergraduate Fee Schedule
- 2019 International Postgraduate Fee Schedule
- 2019 International Research Higher Degree Fee Schedule
You may also be qualified to apply for a scholarship based on your home country, academic performance, or area of study. Scholarships include financial support for students from diverse backgrounds, rewards for academic excellence and funding for research students.