Are you a current University of Newcastle student? Would you like to complete an internship in China over the summer of 2018/2019?
Through the China Connect program, we have a range of unique internship opportunities for Chinese and Australian students. These opportunities are a collaboration between Careers and Student Development, UON Global and AustCham, Beijing.
Who is AustCham?
The China Australia Chamber of Commerce in Beijing is a member organisation linking and facilitating business between Australia and China. Members range from the financial services sector, energy and resources, food and agribusiness, education, health and life sciences, SME’s and E-Commerce.
AustCham will be coordinating the placement of students into companies that best match their areas of study and location preference.
- Exclusive to University of Newcastle Chinese and Australian students.
- English speaking and Mandarin speaking positions available.
- Offered outside of formal semester study periods.
- Internships in five locations – Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, Shenzhen, Chengdu.
- Internships in Accounting, Business Management, Administration Management, Finance, Human Resources, Business Intelligence, IT and Public Relations.
- Host companies have included: Baozun, Lehman Brown, Think China, China Skinny, Bluestar AMG, Westpac, Argyle Group, GSA Group, Technode, and Northhead.
- Cultivate professional communication skills and business acumen.
- Gain insight into Chinese workplace culture and practice.
- Develop practical workplace skills relevant to your degree.
- Foster teamwork and leadership capabilities.
- Enhance employability and increase employment opportunities after graduation.
- Develop a valuable professional network in China.
- Applications close: 30 August 2018
- Selection period: September – November 2018
- Internship: December 2018 – February 2019
- Chinese or Australian citizenship.
- Must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate or postgraduate coursework degree.
- Minimum GPA = 4.5 (calculate your GPA here).
- Undergraduate students must have already successfully completed 120 units of study.
- Must be available to travel to China between December 2018 and February 2019.
- The student is responsible for all travel, accommodation, visa and living costs.