BUSN3500: International Work Experience in China
The Newcastle Business School is offering University of Newcastle students from any discipline an opportunity to develop real world skills whilst also gaining exposure to international cultures and lifestyles.
Students will undertake a 4-week supervised international work-integrated placement in China during the University semester break. Participants will be enrolled in BUSN3500 and undertake lectures prior to going abroad about overseas travel and culture, career development and planning, workplace issues, Equity and Diversity and WH&S requirements.
- Make yourself stand out from other students in the job market
- Receive academic credit
- Develop an international network of contacts, mentors and friends
- Discover a new country and become culturally immersed, working in a foreign environment.
You do not need to be able to speak the local language, however, it is recommended that you learn as much as possible about the language and culture.
How to organise your placement
CRCC Asia is a third-party provider who will organise your placement. More information including dates and costs of your internship are available here.
Students are required to cover the course cost of BUSN3500, a University of Newcastle Tuition Fee (10 units). Students will also be required to meet all costs incurred for their overseas experience including payment to the overseas provider.
- You must have completed 160 units prior to your overseas experience
- You must have 10 free unit electives in your degree. Some Business and Commerce students may be able to use this as one of their directed majors – check with your Program Advisor.