Business pitch competition
Do you have a great business idea?
Then the 2017 UON Business Pitch Competition is for you.
It is your opportunity to showcase and be recognised for your innovative business idea. You can register your original idea generation or startup business idea as either an individual or a team.
The winning individual or team will win a prize package, which will include:
- Up to $2,500 in funding support for their business development
- A 4 month place at the Three76 Hub
- Access to up to 20 hours of mentoring.
All finalists will receive a certificate of recognition from the UON.
Please review the application terms and conditions carefully before applying.
All applicants must be over the age of 18 years and enrolled at the University of Newcastle. Every individual or team representative must register.
As part of your application you will be required to provide a response to the following questions:
- Brief description of your business idea (Limit 200 Words)
- Outline your business value proposition. Why does your business exist? (Limit 200 Words)
- Define the estimated business target market? Who are you selling your product/service to? (Limit 100 Words)
- Explain the business revenue model? What is the annual turnover? (Limit 200 words)
Applications close: 12pm Friday 4th August
If you were shortlisted, you will be invited to pitch your business idea in front of a panel of judges during the UON Enterprise and Innovation Week
The top teams will win a place in the final, and will be invited back to re-present the business idea on the Friday 11 August 2017.