Daniel is a currently a Senior Legal Counsel in the Legal Office.
Daniel has extensive experience in construction law, property law and procurement. Daniel also regularly provides advice on commercial contracts, information technology, administrative law, intellectual property and governance issues. Daniel has acted for a diverse range of clients from both the public and private sectors.
Daniel has developed a thorough understanding of the Higher Education Sector and the specific needs of tertiary institutions. Daniel currently focuses most of his time on matters for the Resources Division, progressing large University projects such as the University's expansion into the city and its outsourcing of maintenance services.
During his time at The University, Daniel has provided advice to the executive staff and University Council in relation to:
- Preparation and dispute resolution of construction contracts
- Review and preparation of tender documentation
- Preparation and negotiation of commercial/retail leases
- Preparation and dispute resolution of information technology contracts
- University by-laws, delegations, policies and procedures
- Controlled entities – constitutions and management agreements
- Procedural fairness and administrative processes
- Complaints, academic misconduct and student grievances
- Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009 and Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998
- Administrative Decisions Tribunal
- Compliance with higher education legislation
- Funded research agreements and commercialisation of University intellectual property
- Unrestricted Principal's Practicing Certificate (NSW)
- Admitted to practice in the Supreme Court of New South Wales
- Admitted to practice in the Supreme Court of the Australian Capital Territory
- Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice (The Australian National University)
- Bachelor of Laws (The University of Newcastle)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Civil) (Hons) (The University of Newcastle)