PREP8400 - UONLINE Essentials
Whatever your choice of study program, the ability to access and manage university computer systems will help you succeed. This course provides a hands-on experience introducing all necessary university information technology skills.
Sessions will help you:
- Navigate the MyUoN student portal.
- Communicate with NUmail
- Gain confidence using UONLINE, Blackboard, the University of Newcastle online learning system including practice quizzes, assessments and discussion boards.
- Submit a practice essay to Turnitin, the text matching software that helps you reference correctly and avoid plagiarism and academic misconduct.
- Join an online classroom with Blackboard Collaborate.
- Share and edit documents using OneDrive enabling online groupwork.
- Enhance your skills in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
Students need to bring their student number and computer access account password to class.
|Monday 8 to Friday 12 July 2019||9am - 12pm||CT218||Callaghan|
Enrolments for the 2019 UON PREP Winter Courses will open 31 May.