PREP7800 - Foundation Mathematics
Foundation Mathematics is an introductory course for students who are enrolling in programs requiring some level of numeracy and algebraic skills, for example, Primary Teaching, Construction Management, Architecture, Biotechnology or Information Technology. For students with limited prior studies in mathematics we recommend you complete the Online Mathematics course - Essential Numeracy.
- natural numbers, prime numbers
- integers, dealing with negative numbers
- surds, Pythagoras' Theorem
- order of operations
- Index Laws and Log Laws
- algebra, expanding, gathering, factoring, squaring
- equations, simultaneous equations, quadratic equations
- graphing: straight lines and parabolas
Note: Students will require a Scientific Calculator for the course.
Monday 11 to Thursday 14 February 2019
|1pm - 4pm||MCLG59||Callaghan|
|Monday 11 to Thursday 14 February 2019||5pm - 8pm||CS106||Ourimbah|
Enrolments for 2019 UON PREP Summer Courses will open on 12th December 2018.