Costs and scholarships

The cost of your degree will depend on which one you are accepted into and which subjects you study as part of that degree. Costs will also alter depending on how many subjects you take at any one time.

Other costs that you will have at university are:

See our current student information for more details, including costs of specific degrees for this year.

If you are not an Australian citizen or permanent resident, or Australian permanent humanitarian visa holder, or New Zealand citizen residing in Australia, visit international tuition fees.

Payment help

You don't have to worry about being able to afford your degree right now. Most students don't pay fees for their degree up front. There are a range of support services available to help meet the costs of university.

Student in the student union

Higher Education Loan Program (HELP) 

A HELP loan enables you to put off paying your student contribution or tuition fees for now and pay them off through the tax system once you are earning over the threshold set by the Government. There are four main types of assistance in this program: HECS-HELPFEE-HELPOS-HELP and SA-HELP. Read more.

Student gaining practical experience on a construction site


We offer scholarships ranging from $500 right through to $15,000 per year. Scholarships can help you with all kinds of costs including textbooks, fees, accommodation and living expenses. While many consider academic performance, we also award scholarships for travel, sport, specific degrees, and to Indigenous students. Many also offer the opportunity to meet with the donor and undertake internships and vacation work. Read more.

Two male students on campus

Student loans and hardship grants

Interest free student loans are available to students on a short term basis for things like assistance with rent, bond, living expenses or textbooks. Hardship grants may be available if you have ongoing financial problems and aren't able to repay your loans. These grants may be approved for things like accommodation and basic living costs. Read more.

Female student in the library

Income assistance

You might be eligible for a Centrelink allowance such as Youth Allowance or Austudy to help cover your living costs while at university. Read more.