Almost everything you touch in the modern world will have a chemist’s input. Chemistry students study the manipulation of atoms and molecules for real-world applications and it plays a key role in virtually all sciences. Through studying chemistry, students help solve problems and shape the world we live in. Chemistry graduates are involved with developing new drugs, new computing devices and better energy storage materials. Specialisations are available in Chemistry of Advanced Materials, Environmental and Analytical Chemistry, and Medicinal and Organic Chemistry.
- Environmental Chemist
- Forensic Chemist
- Pharmaceutical Scientist
- Bachelor of Chemical Engineering (Honours) / Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Coastal and Marine Science
- Bachelor of Environmental Science and Management
- Bachelor of Exercise and Sport Science
- Bachelor of Food Science and Human Nutrition
- Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Science (Advanced)
- Bachelor of Science (Honours)
The University of Newcastle acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands within our footprint areas: Awabakal, Darkinjung, Biripai, Worimi, Wonnarua, and Eora Nations. We also pay respect to the wisdom of our Elders past and present.