Young Mathematicians Program
Do you find mathematics interesting? Love finding patterns and solving problems? So do we!
The Young Mathematicians Program allows those in Years 7-11 to explore new ideas and be challenged in a supportive and interactive environment.
- See mathematical ideas not covered in your school courses, including some current research
- Learn how career mathematicians think and work
- See how new mathematics is created
- Use the latest mathematical software
- Work with like-minded students
- It’s FREE!
There are a number of ways to get involved:
- Casual attendance: come along to a selection of days and target your time to the aspects that most interest you.
- Complete the whole program: by attending every session, we aim to get you creating your own mathematics!
Sessions are held between 4pm and 6pm on select dates between May and September. Check back in January for further information.
- Registration is required
- Maximum 40 students per session
- Maximum of five students per school, per session
- Teachers are welcome to attend.
The University of Newcastle acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands within our footprint areas: Awabakal, Darkinjung, Biripai, Worimi, Wonnarua, and Eora Nations. We also pay respect to the wisdom of our Elders past and present.