What if I have a criminal record?

What if I have a criminal record?

This does not mean that you will be automatically excluded from placement. NSW Health will assess the nature of the offences and where it is deemed appropriate a plan will be put in place to ensure your own and patient safety.

Only apply for authority to undertake Clinical Placements if/when specifically directed by NSW Health staff.

Please see your placement contact if you have any concerns.

What if I am subject to criminal proceedings while enrolled at the University of Newcastle?

If you are subject to criminal proceedings at any time during enrolment at the University of Newcastle your original NCRC is no longer valid. You will need to pay for a new NCRC and submit it to NSW Health. You must also inform your placement contact.