In 2017, NSW Health introduced five Mandatory Training Modules, which all students undertaking healthcare placements in NSW Health facilities must complete.
- Introduction to Work, Health and Safety
- Hazardous Manual Tasks
- Privacy Module 1 – Know your Boundaries
- Hand Hygiene
- Management of the deteriorating patient (Between the Flags – Tier 1: Awareness, Charts and Escalation)
14 days before your first NSW Health placement you will receive an email from NSW Health containing your logon ID and password, and directions to locate the modules. You should complete the training before day 1 of placement.
The logon is also used to log into a variety of NSW Health systems during your placement. These are specific to each venue and you will be provided details by venue staff.
The logon will last for the duration of your NSW Health placement and be deactivated 14 days after the end of the placement. The same logon will be reactivated 14 days before any subsequent placement.
For additional information see:
- 2018 Mandatory Training Slides
- 2017 FAQs StaffLink ID, Access to HETI Online and Mandatory Training
- 2017 Guide for Students - Log into HETI Online and Complete Mandatory Training
- 2017 Guide for Students - NSW Health Student Online Accounts (StaffLink ID and Password)
- Guide for students - How to contact the State-Wide Service Desk
- Guide for students - Setting your password using the First time login link
The University of Newcastle acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands within our footprint areas: Awabakal, Darkinjung, Biripai, Worimi, Wonnarua, and Eora Nations. We also pay respect to the wisdom of our Elders past and present.