How should I act on placement?
At all times students should demonstrate professional behaviour and comply with all attendance requirements, actively participate in learning experiences, and demonstrate respect for peers, supervisors and patients/clients. Students are required to:
- be punctual
- dress professionally for their placement and adhere to any School- or facility-specific dress codes
- demonstrate cultural awareness and sensitivity
- display UoN Student identification Card (with photograph) or School-specific Placement Cards (with photograph) as directed by your School
- adhere to the rules, regulations and by-laws of the placement facility
- show consideration in regard to the rights and properties of others
- meet the statutory and/or facility requirements regarding privacy and confidentiality
- refrain from any form of misconduct such as
- inappropriate behaviour and/or language
- knowingly performing procedures beyond the student's level of learning
- demonstrating intimidation
- argumentation and disrespect
It should be noted that any misconduct may result in the student being awarded an unsatisfactory grade for the placement.
Students should not expect to be able to access telephones, faxes, computers, printers or photocopiers unless specifically permitted to do so, and any use should be directly related to the facility's activities.
In some placement facilities mobile phones may interfere with the effective operation of electronic equipment. Students must ensure that their mobile phone is switched off before attending a placement facility unless otherwise informed.