Vision & Mission
Our vision is to inspire every Australian school student to create a future in science and engineering.
Through the provision of meaningful, hands-on experiences we aim to inspire more young people to make a difference in the world by choosing a career in Science and Engineering.
Science and Engineering.
Create our future. Make a difference.
- People: we value safety, inclusiveness and teamwork. We respect individuals and are committed to empowerment and equity issues.
- Integrity: we value fairness, honesty, respect and transparency.
- Involvement: we value broad community involvement including families, schools, charities, community groups, educational institutions, professional organisations, businesses, industries and governments.
- Innovation: we value creative and imaginative solutions.
- Excellence: we value professional, high quality service and are committed to continuous improvement. We aim to be a leader in our field.
The University of Newcastle acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands within our footprint areas: Awabakal, Darkinjung, Biripai, Worimi, Wonnarua, and Eora Nations. We also pay respect to the wisdom of our Elders past and present.