Interested in undertaking an international placement?
International placements for Education
Students in the third year of their Education program can apply to undertake their professional experience placement outside of Australia.
We have created an International placement approval process: a visual guide to assist students with the application process.
It is a good idea to start your research and planning at least a year in advance of the professional experience placement, and to consult with your Program Convenor.
You can organise an international professional experience placement in one of two ways:
- You can work with a Partner University to identify an appropriate school for your professional experience placement. School of Education students have successfully organised placements through partner universities such as Dortmund University (Germany) and the University of Arkansas (USA). Applicants should contact UON Global to discuss available options, obtain a current list of Partner Universities and obtain application cut-off dates (cut-off dates may differ for each Partner University).
- You can contact a school independently and organise your professional experience placement. Students have independently organised their placements in schools in diverse locations including Sweden, New Zealand, Vanuatu, United Kingdom, United States of America and China.
To start the process:
- Log onto SONIA online and complete the SoE International Expression of Interest Form, available for self-selection under the SONIA Forms tab.
- Have a minimum Grade Point Average of 4.75.
- Be prepared to attend a pre-approval interview with the Director, Professional Experience Unit.