Members of the Empower Network inspire and motivate (and are inspired and motivated by) a community of young women, who will become our future leaders.
We ask you to join to share your experiences, achievements, successes and challenges with the next generation of women professionals.
Why be part of the Empower Network?
You will benefit from:
- Networking with other senior managers in the public and private sectors
- Knowing that your contribution will assist in the development of women leaders of the future
- Learning from the next generation as you share ideas and experiences with all members.
As an Industry Professional member of the Network, you have the option to:
- Attend Empower Network events (up to four each year) designed to provide a platform for connection with university students and other industry professionals. These events create the opportunity for informal connections to be made, either through coffee catch-ups, shadowing, a workplace visit, or by identifying other professionals a students could also talk to (referring them to a colleague).
- Attend a university event where you would be asked to speak or be part of a panel, sharing your experiences.
- Visit a high school to speak to young women students involved in the program about your own career journey.
- Provide a video profile for the Empower social network on LinkedIn and participate in the social network (consisting of high school and university students and other industry professionals.)
- Supervise a student intern for 100 hours in a role relevant to their area of study. Follow this link to learn more about the internships we facilitate for Business and Commerce students.
The University of Newcastle acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands within our footprint areas: Awabakal, Darkinjung, Biripai, Worimi, Wonnarua, and Eora Nations. We also pay respect to the wisdom of our Elders past and present.