High school students
We invite young women in Years 9, 10, 11 and 12 studying or interested in commerce, economics, business, entrepreneurship or legal studies to participate in the Empower Network.
The Network aims to inspire and motivate young women about the education and career opportunities available in business, commerce, entrepreneurship, and law. The Network also provides experiences and skills to make informed decisions regarding your future, at a pivotal time in the ‘school to work’ process.
You will meet with local industry professionals and university students who will share their experiences and career journeys.
Why participate in the Empower Network?
- Connect with current women university students and industry professionals through the dedicated online space and through school and university campus visits
- Develop an understanding of what it is like to study at university
- Be aware of the study and career options available to you in the area of business and law
- Learn about the world of work
- Develop skills to help plan for your career and future.
As a High School Student member of the Network you have the option to participate in the schools component of the program, which includes:
- Attendance to on-campus events
- Bringing family members along to our Open Day and Insight evening events
- Actively participating at in-school sessions led by university students
- Actively participating in activities related to the Network organised by the school.
The University of Newcastle acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands within our footprint areas: Awabakal, Darkinjung, Biripai, Worimi, Wonnarua, and Eora Nations. We also pay respect to the wisdom of our Elders past and present.