How to get your papers published with Impact
Monday, 3 March 2014, 11:00 am — Monday, 3 March 2014, 12:00 pm
|Location||ATC210, ATC Building, University of Newcastle, Callaghan|
|Contact||Annette Murphy - E: firstname.lastname@example.org T: +612 4921 5355|
|RSVP||Friday, 21 February 2014|
This guest lecture presented by Professor Tom Baranowski is a great opportunity for University of Newcastle academics to:
- Learn the secrets of publishing papers with IMPACT from someone who has succeeded in this?
- Improve your rate of success in publications?
- Improve your citation rate?
- Hear how a highly successful researcher has succeeded in publication?
This is a free event available to University of Newcastle staff only. Please contact Annette Murphy for further information.
About the Speaker
Tom Baranowski, Ph.D. is Professor of Pediatrics (Behavioral Nutrition and Physical Activity) with the USDA funded Children's Nutrition Research Center, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston.
Professor Baranowski is also the Editor-in-Chief of the Games for Health Journal, and on the editorial advisory board of 11 other professional journals. He is a Chief Investigator on grants totalling more than $US40 million as well as the author of over 320 peer-reviewed articles, 30+ book chapters and two editions of a textbook on evaluating health promotion programs.
During his visit to Australia, Professor Baranowski will have a number of speaking engagements. These include:
- Tuesday 4 March 2014, 12pm to 1pm: Free Guest Lecture with Assistant Professor Janice Baranowski - "Serious Games for Health: What are they? Do they work?"
- Thursday 6 March 2014, 12pm-1pm: Free Guest Lecture - "Innovation and Entrepreneurialism in Research"
- Thursday 6 March 2014, 4pm to 6pm: Keynote Address - Global eHealth Research and Innovation Cluster Launch
- Friday 7 March 2014, 8am to 5pm: Plenary Session - One Day Child Obesity Treatment and Prevention Seminar