UON Slingshot Demo Day
Tuesday, 4 March 2014, 06:00 pm — Tuesday, 4 March 2014, 08:00 pm
|Location||Harold Lobb Concert Hall, The Conservatorium of Music, Corner of Laman Street and Auckland Street, Newcastle NSW|
|Contact||Kate Hayes - E: email@example.com T: +61 2 4921 5287|
|RSVP||Monday, 3 March 2014|
The University of Newcastle and Slingshot are pleased to announce that the our 2014 intake of tech startups will be graduating on the 4th of March 2014.
See the latest in tech startups and support entrepreneurship in the Hunter at our graduation evening to be held at the Conservatorium of Music Concert Hall.
After months of mentorship, workshops, pivoting, acceleration and hard work, the seven startups are ready to pitch in front of a room full of investors, media, alumni, staff, students and the community. So join us and see these remarkable companies pitch their killer ideas.
UON Slingshot teams
- Flindle - An online booking system for small business allowing their customers to book appointments after hours.
- iSaveLocal - A DIY advertising tool for small business.
- Deckee - The TripAdvisor for boating – the ultimate guide for travel and maintenance of your vessel.
- Ground Up Medicine - A crowd sourced educational website that helps students by recommending the most helpful and relevant student notes.
- Newipra - Provides websites a more reliable and accurate rating system that takes into consideration biased ratings and ensures relevance personalised to consumer preferences.
- The Impact Race - Provides a solution combining the data from traditional and new media into one place and presents customers with an easy to read impact map.
- Raise for Cause - Matches charities and corporates together based on shared values.
Register free to support UON tech startups
This is a free event but seats are limited.
Please register via Eventbrite
About the Program
Slingshot is a high-tech accelerator initiative that, in conjunction with UON will provide seed funding, a co-working space, and a 12-week mentoring program that nurtures skills and relationships to enable entrepreneurs to build a remarkable company.
The UON Slingshot Accelerator program supports a maximum of 10 start-ups exclusive to the UON community and the program is expected to run every year over the summer break from January to March.
UON encourages translation of research outcomes and discoveries into innovative products, solutions and policy through collaborative engagement in research projects with industry, business and government partners in its local, national and global communities.
Through this unique partnership we aim to support world-class innovation in our region.