Gear-up and Refresh Your IP
Tuesday, 17 October 2017, 07:30 am — Tuesday, 17 October 2017, 09:00 am
|Location||Three76 Hub, 376 Hunter St, Newcastle|
Whether you are a start-up or a large enterprise IP will always be an essential part of your future success. Gear up and Refresh your IP (GRIP) will give you a short and sharp overview of IP protection covering the following topics:
- What is IP and what types of protection are available
- How to define 'novelty', 'inventive steps' and 'lack of obviousness' in a patent specification
- If you can apply for a patent and what types of patent
- Filing a patent and IP lifecycle
- IP costs - aligning IP strategy with your business
- Commercialisation process
This workshop is perfect for you if:
- You have an idea that you think might be protectable but aren't sure where to go next
- A business owner who is looking to refresh your understanding of IP and the commercialisation process
- A UON researcher wanting to gain an appreciation of patenting timelines and requirements
- An Industry representative looking to collaborate with the University on a research project but wants to understand IP implications first
A light breakfast will be provided.
This seminar is presented by Mack Saraswat, Business Development Officer in the Research and Innovation Divison at the University of Newcastle. Mack is a serial entrepreneur and was the co-founder and CSO of Lifeonics as well as the co-founder and advisor for product development and innovation at Creatoi Innovation Labs. He has also worked as Chief Technology Innovator for ecentre, Massey University New Zealand. Over the past 10 years Mack has spent most of his time at universities, gaining a bachelor degree in biochemical technology from India, M.Res from Edinburgh, UK and a Ph.D in Biochemistry from Massey University which is where he co-founded his first startup.
This event is part of Spark Fest - A Celebration of Australian Startups.
Spark Festival is an annual program of events and activities focussing on startups, innovation and entrepreneurship. Meetups, mixers and socials. Hackathons, create-a-thons and workshops. Presentations, panels and pitching competitions. Events for children and families.
Showcasing, supporting and strengthening the vibrant startup and innovation ecosystem.
About Three76 Hub
Three76 Hub is a coworking space for startups located on Hunter Street and brought to you by the University of Newcastle. Three76 Hub brings together the various elements of the local innovation ecosystem required to support start-ups in the Hunter Region - researchers, students, developers, entrepreneurs, investors, technical specialists and business advisors. We launch spinoffs and start-ups, attract investment and businesses to the Hunter Region, encourage innovation and commercialisation and produce the next generation of entrepreneurs, business leaders and inventors. Three76Hub is a proud member of the Integrated Innovation Network (I2N).