Learn Design Thinking in Sydney CBD with Design Thinking courses from NEWCourse at UON Sydney.
This Design Thinking workshop is part of the Vivid Ideas 2017 program and is offered as a ‘taster’ course open to all members of the public. Vivid Sydney is a unique annual event of light, music and ideas, featuring some of the world’s most important creative industry forums.
Twitter is a popular way to share information and make personal and professional contacts – and it regularly makes the evening news. But do you know how to use it confidently, to find good information, or to chat about specific topics such as health issues? The pace and amount of information in Twitter can be confusing to new users. The challenge for Twitter users is being able to find the people and information that matters to them most and to build up the networks that help.
This workshop is conducted by Associate Professor Bronwyn Helmsley, a certified practising speech pathologist and Fellow of Speech Pathology Australia and the International Society for Augmentative and Alternative Communication. Bronwyn has used Twitter to connect people on health issues for the past seven years, and is now investigating how people can use it to inform good health decisions. In this Design Thinking workshop, participants will discover more about how to find topics of interest in Twitter and learn how to create and strengthen their Twitter networks.
This Creative workshop aims to:
- Introduce Twitter as a platform for conversation, communication, and information on any topic
- Demonstrate the practical ways that people can find information and use Twitter to spread information with their audience
- Highlight some strategies that help to grow supportive networks in Twitter
At the completion of this Creative workshop you will know more about how to:
- Use Twitter to search for and spread information online
- Take part in a conversation and communicate with others using Twitter
- Use hashtags effectively to connect with other people and reach a larger targeted audience
This Creative workshop will cover the following topics:
- Twitter basics, including your profile and what it communicates to your audience
- Tweeting for beginners and those who wish to refine skills to use Twitter more strategically
- Ways to find and use information in Twitter, and credible sources of high quality information
This Twitter course is suitable for anyone who has an interest in using Twitter to engage, inspire and inform or anyone looking to use Twitter as a source of information. The workshop is open to all members of the general public, 18 year of age and above.
This Creative approach to Twitter workshop will be delivered as an interactive workshop consisting of an instructor lead lecture, group and individual activities. This training approach allows you to work through concepts introduced by the instructor in an application-focused teaching environment.
This course is free, but limited to 50 participants. Enrol now.