Nutrition Communication for Health Professionals: Key Concepts
If you are a doctor, nurse, or allied health professional looking to improve your knowledge of the role of nutrition communication in chronic disease prevention and management, this course is for you.
- Location: Free Online Short Course
- Duration: 3 Weeks
- Effort: 2-3 hours per week
- Cost: FREE - Certificate for US$49
- Subject: Food and Nutrition
About this course
We will arm you with the information and skills you need to effectively convey evidence-based brief nutrition messages to your patients.
You will learn the key concepts central to dietary patterns for prevention and management of type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular disease, how to talk about diet-related health, and identify the key features of healthy diets.
What you'll learn
- Identify differences between primary and secondary prevention of Type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular disease
- Identify nutrition-related risk factors for type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular disease
- Recognise clinical markers relevant to nutrition management
- Identify differences between, and limitations of, dietary assessment methods
- Demonstrate an understanding of the hierarchy of nutrition messages in the management of type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular disease
- Identify dietary patterns relevant to reducing type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular disease risk
- Identify barriers and facilitators to changing diet specific to chronic disease
- Demonstrate an understanding of behaviour change models and techniques.
Week 1: Prevention and management
Week 2: Nutrition-assessment and intervention
Week 3: Communication and behaviour change.
Meet the instructors