Food for Kids: Discovering Healthy Eating
Duration: 3 Weeks | Effort: 2-3 hours per week | Cost: FREE - Certificate for US$49 | Subject: Food & Nutrition | Level: Introductory
What is healthy eating? Where does our food come from? What is sustainable eating? Food for Kids: Discovering Healthy Eating is a free online 3 week course that will help answer these questions and more.
About this course
Eating healthy foods every day helps you to grow, to have a healthy body and to feel well. As a child, you need different amounts of food and nutrients at different stages of growth. In this course, you will explore what is in food, how your body uses food to grow and be active, and how much you need to stay healthy. You will also use interesting examples from science to investigate tastes and flavours, how food is digested and growing and cooking food.
There is so much advertising for unhealthy food that it can be very hard to work out what to believe. This course will also teach you how to check health information, how to create your own healthy eating plans and contribute to a healthy planet. Join us in this three-week course to discover more about healthy eating.
What you will learn
- What is in food and how it is digested in the body
- The healthy eating guidelines and how to identify healthy food and drink choices
- How to understand food advertising and marketing, and how to create health messages
- How healthy eating habits contribute to your wellbeing
- About reducing food waste and being part of a healthy community.
Week 1 - What's in Food?
Week 2 - Food Labels and Health Messages
Week 3 - Fun Food Science
- Free Online Short Course