FEDUA End of Year Research Seminar Series: Chasing Quality - Part 1: Publications
All FEDUA researchers from all Schools and HDR students are invited to join in our end of year online research seminar series.
Sessions will be introduced by Professor Catharine Coleborne, Head of the School of Humanities and Social Science.
Seminar 1: Chasing Quality – Part 1: Publications
- Tuesday 24th November 1pm-2.30pm
- Presented by Professor Duncan McDuie-Ra
- Join the online seminar via Zoom: https://uonewcastle.zoom.us/j/86778796074
This online seminar will
- Make a case for a diversity of ways for measuring quality and where to find them
- Offer suggestions for making quality work for you in reporting on research
- Consider the ways quality can inform publication decisions and personal research strategies
Duncan will share tips on creating quality Journal articles, Books and Chapters which can be used as a starting point for anyone at any level of their academic career, including PhD candidates and their supervisors. He will suggest how to navigate metrics to prove ‘quality’, how to present evidence for quality in your track record; how to avoid predatory journals; and the associated dilemmas and trade offs.
For: academic staff of all levels, HDR students and supervisors