Music And Robotics: School Holiday Workshop
If you're interested in coding or music and are in Year 5-9, this two day workshop is for you!
Coders: develop your skills through performance based musical robots. Musicians: learn new performance techniques with robotics.
Student activities include:
- Learning new coding techniques, using LEGO EV3 Mindstorm robots, to create new performance based concepts with acoustic musicians
- Teach robots to dance, play music and interact with real life instruments
- Create original music using University of Newcastle's world-class recording studios.
- Instrumentalists will develop new stage craft skills and combine their musical practices with performing robots.
- Students will work towards a showcase performance that will be held on Friday 11 October at 5:30pm. The showcase concert will be a perfect opportunity for parents to come and observe their child's work.
Skill requirements (not essential): either play an instrument or be interested in coding.
Morning tea is supplied both days but please bring your own lunch and water bottle.
This engaging robotics workshop is proudly brought to you by Newcastle Conservatorium of Music.