The Engineering refurbishment has seen the upgrade of two buildings within the Engineering precinct, creating a lively, dynamic and engaging physical environment for students and staff alike. A number of classrooms and offices in the Engineering Science (ES) and Engineering F (EF) buildings have undergone refurbishment delivering:
- new classrooms designed to support Technology Enabled Active Learning (TEAL)
- indoor student study spaces for both quiet and collaborative work
- new spaces for higher degree/ research student work
- new student kitchen complete with microwaves and hot water facilities
- enhanced outdoor space with seating, outdoor furniture and shade coverings to create the perfect place to catch up with friends, study or simply chill out
The project was fully completed at the end of 2018
The University of Newcastle acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands within our footprint areas: Awabakal, Darkinjung, Biripai, Worimi, Wonnarua, and Eora Nations. We also pay respect to the wisdom of our Elders past and present.