What can WIL do for your organisation?
The University of Newcastle’s commitment to providing world-class learning opportunities for its students underpins WIL as a process of reciprocal involvement for the mutual benefit of all involved.
Benefits for hosts:
- Benefit from the injection of new and innovative ideas, cognitive diversity, and ‘fresh eyes’ of students.
- Work with University of Newcastle staff to design a project to create real-world outcomes for your organisation.
- Have direct access to a pool of talented graduates for future employment.
- Provide your current staff with a valuable professional development opportunity as mentees.
- Engage directly with the University of Newcastle and help to shape the future of the degree programs offered by the world-class organisation.
Benefits for students:
- WIL makes students career-ready.
- Enriched knowledge of field of study through hands on exposure in the workplace.
- Provides an insight into the professional attitudes and attributes needed to be prepared for the jobs of the future.
- WIL provides a competitive advantage in the competitive global employment marketplace.
WIL allows industry and the University of Newcastle to work together to develop Australia’s future workforce and to help build our national economy, through ensuring that graduates are adept and sufficiently agile to face the challenges of a changing job market.