Integrated Innovation Network
A masterclass to help you launch a startup
Created for aspiring founders who want a masterclass in entrepreneurship, this on-demand online course offers mentorship from experts and all the tools you need to launch your startup.
What you'll get
- Over 30 video lessons from top entrepreneurs
- 5 modules - take as long as you need to finish the course
- Around 5 hours of learning a week that fits around your schedule
- Access to templates, frameworks, and practical activities to help you build a high-growth company
- Access to the Honeysuckle Innovation Common M-F, 8AM - 5PM
- Access to the I2N Slack community
- Preference when applying for other I2N programs at the conclusion of E101
E101 consists of five modules. We recommend completing one module per week, but you can always go at your own pace.
- Module one: Define your startup idea, figure out which problem you’re trying to solve, and craft your startup vision statement.
- Module two: Develop your value proposition, identify your customer and test your minimum viable product.
- Module three: Understand your target customer, figure out the size of your market and start to craft your brand.
- Module four: Learn the fundamentals of financial planning for a startup, and explore grants and funding opportunities.
- Module five: Learn about business structures, regulations, and make sure your company is built on a solid legal footing.
To learn more about what’s covered in this course, download the syllabus.
What you'll learn
- How to generate and stress test startup ideas
- How to find out what your customers want
- How to create a minimum viable product (MVP) to validate your product or service
- How to pitch your idea and raise money
- How to reach new customers and grow quickly
What you can expect
- Make real progress in five weeks. Our course is practical. Unlike other programs, we focus on tactics to accelerate the growth of your company. You’re not learning business, you’re learning how to grow a startup with proven methods.
- See the world in a different way. This isn’t your average course on entrepreneurship. We connect you to experts with deep experience from many fields, across sectors and specialisations. We’ll help you see the patterns and opportunities where others see chaos.
- Join a community of innovators. Since 2005, MaRS (Toronto, Canada) has helped thousands of founders build and grow successful companies. Join the ranks of entrepreneurs whose technologies and solutions are meaningfully improving people's lives every day. This program is now available to emerging entrepreneurs in the Hunter region (and beyond) to help realise their potential.
The registration fee for Entrepreneurship101 is $99 inc GST.
The University of Newcastle acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands within our footprint areas: Awabakal, Darkinjung, Biripai, Worimi, Wonnarua, and Eora Nations. We also pay respect to the wisdom of our Elders past and present.