Indicative annual fees are based on a full year full time load (80 units). Find out more about feesAUD 29,990 (indicative annual fee, 2021)
Indicative annual fees are based on a full year full time load (80 units). Find out more about fees
Admission to our undergraduate degree programs usually requires successful completion of a senior secondary school qualification similar to the Higher School Certificate (HSC), the highest educational award in New South Wales schools.
The core courses available when you study a Social Science degree include:
- applied social research (including an applied social research project)
- ethical debates in the social sciences
- organisational management and social behaviour
- policy development, program management and evaluation
- professional practice and key debates in the social sciences
- social analysis: key perspectives in the social sciences
- society and culture
In addition to your core courses in social analysis and research, you have the opportunity to choose from 11 major areas of study to diversify your learning and career pathways. You can also undertake elective courses outside the Bachelor of Social Science.
The University of Newcastle acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands within our footprint areas: Awabakal, Darkinjung, Biripai, Worimi, Wonnarua, and Eora Nations. We also pay respect to the wisdom of our Elders past and present.