Indicative annual fees are based on a full year full time load (80 units). Find out more about feesAUD 35,850 (indicative annual fee, 2021)
Indicative annual fees are based on a full year full time load (80 units). Find out more about feesFurther information is available from UON Singapore.
Admission to our undergraduate degree programs usually requires successful completion of a senior secondary school qualification similar to the Higher School Certificate (HSC), the highest educational award in New South Wales schools.
Systems Development Major
IT systems play a critical role in organisations and businesses. IT professionals with skills to design, develop, deploy, maintain and integrate software and provide IT solutions are critical in every industry.
Studying a major in systems development provides graduates with knowledge and skills in software programming, mobile and app development and cloud architecture. Students will also learn about the application of systems and software development to business, and the role of IT within national and global organisational contexts.
Graduates who elect to study this major within the Bachelor of Information Technology will be prepared for diverse career opportunities, such as:
- software developer
- mobile app developer
- IT solutions specialist
- system and network administrator
- DevOps engineer
Suitable for information technology students with:
- An interest in programming software for multiple applications, particularly for existing and emerging mobile technologies.
- Goals to develop their skills in the maintenance of systems and data within an organisational context.
- A commitment to learning how to secure and encrypt data to prevent unwarranted access and interference.
What do you learn in the systems development major?
The courses within the systems development major will teach you how to build, maintain and secure information networks.
- Computer Programming: Introductory courses will allow students to develop their understanding of programming with no assumed knowledge.
- Network Security: You will learn how information networks inform and facilitate business activity. The courses you study will teach you the important role that network security and data encryption play within this sector.
- Video Gaming: Students with an interest in gaming systems will have the opportunity to study courses in animation, design and operation.
Which degrees include this major?
The Bachelor of Information Technology and any associated degree program allow you to study the Systems Development major:
The University of Newcastle acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands within our footprint areas: Awabakal, Darkinjung, Biripai, Worimi, Wonnarua, and Eora Nations. We also pay respect to the wisdom of our Elders past and present.