Indicative annual fees are based on a full year full time load (80 units). Find out more about feesAUD 35,850 (indicative annual fee, 2021)
Indicative annual fees are based on a full year full time load (80 units). Find out more about feesFurther information is available from UON Singapore.
Admission to our undergraduate degree programs usually requires successful completion of a senior secondary school qualification similar to the Higher School Certificate (HSC), the highest educational award in New South Wales schools.
Business Technology Major
Businesses today rely more and more on technology solutions to function and compete. Students who study the Business Technology major will focus their degree on the use of IT to support corporations.
The business technology major contains a variety of courses which will teach students how computer systems underpin internal business processes. From human resources and accounts payable to senior management, software and data are at the core of daily business operations.
Information systems also significantly contribute to the storage, usage and delivery of materials and services. Digital programs and online platforms are also the most common method of interaction between businesses and their clients.
Business Technology graduates have the skills and capabilities to analyse and propose IT solutions addressing business and organisational needs. Graduates from the Business Technology major will take on roles such as:
- IT business analyst
- systems analyst
- IT project manager
Suitable for information technology students with:
- An interest in the analysis of technological processes and systems to improve business operations.
- Goals to work in computing within a corporate environment, informing management to improve business functionality and decision making.
- A commitment to improving the relationship between management, staff and clients through effective information technology.
What do you learn in the business technology major?
This information technology major contains a variety of courses to teach you how to inform business activity through the design, analysis, and implementation of information systems.
- Business Theory: Courses in human resources, leadership and management will inform your studies of information technology with a solid understanding of business operations.
- Organisational Change: The courses we offer in management and leadership will prepare you to advise managerial decision making, facilitating organisational change. You will learn how your work in information technology and the analysis of company systems in contributing to corporate growth.
- Business Intelligence: You will learn how to apply your findings to real world situations and scenarios.
Which degrees include this major?
The Bachelor of Information Technology and any associated degree program allow you to study the Business Technology major:
The University of Newcastle acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands within our footprint areas: Awabakal, Darkinjung, Biripai, Worimi, Wonnarua, and Eora Nations. We also pay respect to the wisdom of our Elders past and present.