Study Information Technology at UON
Study a minor in Information Technology (IT) to diversify your skills and career pathways with technical knowledge and abilities. Through a range of information technology courses you will gain skills that are applicable across a wide range of sectors and industries in Australia and overseas.
Expand and enrich your expertise in another in-demand study area. The Information Technology (IT) minor within our undergraduate arts degree aims to increase digital and technical fluency in the arts.
The IT minor has been designed so that your studies are underpinned by both interdisciplinary experiences and research-led learning. You will also learn from world-class educators in our School of Electrical Engineering and Computing (SEEC).
What jobs can you get with a minor in Information Technology?
The IT minor can be applied to careers across the following fields:
- Application Analyst
- Data Analyst
- Database Administrator
- IT Consultant
- IT Technical Support Officer
Suitable for Global Indigenous Studies students with?
- An interest in learning about programming, data analysis and coding for business purposes.
- Goals to understand how to effectively create and manage a database for business purposes.
- A commitment to using technology innovatively for the purpose of storing and processing information.
What do you learn in an Information Technology minor?
Study a minor in Information Technology to learn about the technological infrastructure used for the storage and management of data:
- Programming: Introductory courses will teach students the basics of programming. You will learn about documentation, data elements, sequence, selection and iteration.
- Systems Network and Administration: This course will see your major focus on learning how to administer a network of computers.
- Business Analysis: Students who choose to study courses in business analysis will learn about designing and implementing information systems for business.
Which degrees include an Information Technology minor?
You can study the IT minor if you are undertaking one of the following degrees at UON:
The University of Newcastle acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands within our footprint areas: Awabakal, Darkinjung, Biripai, Worimi, Wonnarua, and Eora Nations. We also pay respect to the wisdom of our Elders past and present.