A major in marketing will broaden your understanding about communicating with customers, as well as delivering goods and services that provide value. As a marketer, you will match the needs of customers with the offerings provided by an organisation. This is critical to the success of both profit-based and non-profit organisations.
Our business and marketing courses are constantly evolving to provide the most up-to-date marketing programs. We are recognised internationally for our breadth of marketing knowledge, diverse industry experience and research-based teaching and learning.
Your marketing major can lead you into a rewarding career in a marketing, advertising or digital media agency, or in the marketing division of any organisation.
Suitable for business students with:
- An interest in learning how to identify business opportunities through strategic market research.
- Goals to deepen their understanding of brands, how they are created, and the most effective ways to build a brand identity.
- A commitment to studying a range of digital and social media marketing channels, and developing the skills to efficiently construct campaigns to reach consumers on these networks.
What do you learn in the marketing major?
This business major contains a variety of courses to help you learn how to communicate with consumers about brand identity, services and products.
- Market Research: Through courses in market research you’ll develop the skills to identify opportunities and design strategies to improve how a business reaches their consumers.
- Brand Identity: Our marketing courses are structured to enhance your knowledge about brands, aspects of their identity, and how to build a brand in a globalised market.
- Digital and Social Media Marketing: You will have the opportunity to study digital marketing and the social media channels through which campaigns are conducted.
Which degrees include this major?
The Bachelor of Business and any associated degree program allow you to study a major in Marketing: