Leadership and Management Major
When you study a leadership and management major, you will develop a comprehensive understanding of the complex structure and operations of organisations, while also learning strong planning and leadership skills.
Through this major you will learn how to analyse the appropriateness of organisational structures, assess the adequacy of leadership for a particular situation, motivate employees and define changes needed to meet evolving environmental demands.
When you finish your Bachelor of Business degree, you will have learned that management is at the forefront of every organisation. A major in leadership and management prepares business students for a prosperous career in diverse roles such as business development, team leadership or relationship management across a variety of organisational structures.
Suitable for business students with:
- An interest in the role of management in an organisation, and the ethics that theoretically bind the decision-making of business leadership.
- Goals to develop organisations through effective leadership, fostering growth in national and global business activity.
- A commitment to sustainable and strategic management practices.
What do you learn in the leadership and management major?
This business major contains a variety of courses to develop your management and leadership skills for employment in organisations.
- Ethics of Leadership: Courses in the philosophy of business and leadership will develop your understanding of ethically sound business practices, and how to recognise when ethics have been compromised.
- Strategic Business Management: The courses we offer will prepare you to make strategic business decisions, to review business models and implement innovative strategies at the appropriate time.
- Business Development: Some of your courses will focus on sustained growth, where you will learn how to develop organisations through business ventures and entrepreneurship.
Which degrees include this major?
The Bachelor of Business and any associated degree program allow you to study the Leadership and Management major: