3 years full-time or part-time equivalent up to 8 years maximum.
- Semester 1 - 24 Feb 2020
AUD37,475 (indicative annual fee, 2020)
Indicative annual fees are based on a full year full time load (80 units) Find out more about fees
- IELTS overall minimum - 6.0
- IELTS section minimum - 6.0
3 years full-time.
Face to Face
Industry and Education
The Industry and Education major is for students whose aim is to contribute to science and innovation in commercial/industrial ventures, or by teaching the next generation of medical professionals. Students who study this major will gain a comprehensive education in biomedical science and be equipped with skills and knowledge in an array of emerging fields.
Through a structured program you will be given the opportunity to study courses in two specialisations: Commercialisation/Entrepreneurship or Science Education. Studying courses from either or both of these tiers will qualify students for the Industry and Education major as part of the Bachelor of Biomedical Science degree.
This major will see your coursework take a cross-disciplinary focus. Within the Commercialisation/Entrepreneurship specialisation you will learn about the medical business, statistical analysis and data management. If you choose to focus your major around Science Education, you will study mathematics, teaching and physics courses to prepare you for the classroom.
Your major will equip you with the skills to take advantage of a range of exciting career opportunities. Students enrolled in the Industry and Education pathway could work as a biomedical entrepreneur, bioinformatician, science educator or in a range of other diverse roles.
Suitable for biomedical science students with:
- An interest in learning how pharmaceutical companies, hospitals and health practices operate.
- Goals to manage a health practice or pursue business ventures within the medical and health sectors.
- A commitment to educating, mentoring and developing the next generation of medical researchers.
What do you learn in an industry and education major?
Students who study this biomedical science major will learn how to conduct business or teach within the medical and health sectors:
- The Psychology of Learning: Studying courses in learning theory will teach you the basics of educational philosophy, preparing you for work as a teacher or supervisor.
- Entrepreneurship: You will learn about the nature of business within medicine and health. The skills you gain by studying entrepreneurship could prepare you to pursue grant funding through innovative research projects.
- Data Management: Databases are crucial for the storage of patients’ information and the findings of clinical trials. You’ll learn how to use databases for these purposes, as well as for business ventures and teaching.
Which degrees include this major?
The Bachelor of Biomedical Science allows you to study a major in Industry and Education for the medical and health sectors:
The strong science content in each of the Biomedical Science streams allows maximum flexibility for students wanting to alter their pathway later in the degree.