Retail trading hours (COVID-19)
As our University moves to 'COVID-normal', our food and beverage retailers and other campus services are back on deck to support our staff, students and visitors. We continue to have processes in place for these spaces to help keep everyone safe.
Reviewed 22 February 2021
Food and drinks
|Bar on the Hill||
8.00am to 6.00pm, Mon - Thurs.|
8.00am to 7.00pm, Fri.
|Limited seating available.|
|Ganda Burung||9.00am to 2.00pm, Mon - Fri.||-|
|Gloria Jeans Coffee||7.30am to 1.00pm, Mon - Fri.||Takeaway only.|
|Local Connections||8.00am to 5.00pm, Mon - Fri.||-|
|Mamaduke Cafe||7.30am to 3.00pm, Mon - Fri.||Limited seating available.|
|McLarty Dining (Shortland Cafeteria)||10.00am to 3.00pm, Mon - Fri.||Takeaway only.|
|Noodle Bar Cafe||9.00am to 2.00pm, Mon - Fri.||-|
|NUspace Cafe||7.45am to 2.00pm, Mon - Fri.||Limited seating available.|
|Sinofood Cafe Shortland||11.00am to 2.00pm, Mon - Fri.||-|
|Sprout Cafe Shortland||8.00am to 2.00pm, Mon - Fri.||Takeaway only.|
|Subway||10.00am to 2.00pm, Mon - Thurs.||Takeaway only.|
|The Hive Cafe (Maths)||8.00am to 2.00pm, Mon - Fri.||Takeaway only.|
|The Juice Doctor Cafe||
7.00am to 8.00pm, Mon - Fri. |
8.00am to 2.00pm, Saturday.
|Think Coffee Co.||8.00am to 2.00pm, Mon - Fri.||Takeaway only.|
|Uni Bakehouse||8.00am to 4.00pm, Mon - Fri.||Takeaway only.|
|Yara Ngura||8.00am to 3.00pm, Mon - Fri.||Takeaway only.|
|Retailer||Trading hours||Other info|
|Callaghan Campus Pharmacy||9.00am to 5.00pm, Mon - Fri.||Free on campus delivery service.|
|Newy Convenience West Tower (Pinkies)||7.00am to 7.00pm, Mon - Fri.|
|Newy Convenience Shortland (Pinkies)||8.00am to 4.00pm, Mon - Fri.|
|Post Office||9.00am to 5.00pm, Mon - Fri.||Limited banking available.|
|The Shop (Callaghan)||9.00am to 5.00pm, Mon - Fri.|
|The Shop (Ourimbah)||9.00am to 3.00pm, Mon - Fri|
|The Forum||6.00am to 8.00pm, Mon - Fri.|
7.00am to 12.00pm, Sat and Sun.
|The School Locker||9.00am to 5.00pm, Mon - Fri.||Online orders can be placed here.|
|UniSuper||8.00am to 8.00pm, Mon - Thurs.|
8.00am to 5.00pm, Fri.
|Office closed. Contact online here.|
|UON Print Centre||9.00am to 4.00pm, Mon - Fri.|
Updates on food and beverage services on campus
We want students and staff to continue enjoying the facilities and services we have available at our campuses. To support ongoing safe practices, we are reinforcing the following COVID-safe practices and have added a few new things for patrons of our food and beverage retailers to look out for.
- Some of our food and beverage retailers are takeaway service only. When visiting these outlets, please remind yourself of the social distancing and hygiene practices required by our vendors for their own safety as well as yours. Outlets will have this signage on display as a point of reference.
- New conditions of entry will be attached to the entry points of some of our campus dining areas, such as food court seating and tables nearby some of our food and beverage retailers. These conditions must be observed.
- If eat-in options are available at your food and beverage outlet of choice, you must register your attendance for contact tracing purposes.
- Please only sit at tables that have this marker placed on the table surface. This marker indicates the area will be cleaned regularly throughout the day to maximise the hygiene standards of table surfaces. If the table does not contain this marker, wipes will be provided for patrons to wipe tables themselves.
- At all times, please respect and follow the advice and instructions of retail staff and of our Social Distancing Champions who have been brought on board to support safety and social distancing. They will be present in many of the higher traffic areas during this time to assist and direct safe practices.
Other retail changes
The University is working with retailers across our campuses to prevent the spread of COVID-19 through increased hygiene practices, and implementing some temporary changes to food and beverage outlets. These include:
- Keep cups will no longer be accepted
- Mug libraries will be suspended
- Customers will be asked to put their own lids on coffees
- Suspending cash payments where possible, and encouraging card payments
- Removing or relocating seating to support social distancing measures
- Safe social distancing zones have been marked out in front of serving areas
For more information
Click here for more information about the University's COVID-19 advice.
The University of Newcastle acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands within our footprint areas: Awabakal, Darkinjung, Biripai, Worimi, Wonnarua, and Eora Nations. We also pay respect to the wisdom of our Elders past and present.