Being a volunteer isn’t just a wonderful way of helping the University and broader community, it’s also of terrific benefit to yourself – both personally and professionally.
Volunteering is a great way to learn important skills, make new friends and it looks great to prospective employers on your resume. What’s more, most volunteering efforts are included on your Australian Higher Education Graduation Statement (AHEGS) when you graduate.
You can choose from a raft of volunteering options – both internally at the University as well as externally, in the community – allowing you to be involved in activities and opportunities that most interest you.
A few ways you can volunteer include:
- University events like Orientation and Graduation
- theme weeks including Stress Less and Green Week
- activities such as Cultural Awakenings and Create
- weekly BBQs and movie nights
- the Community Gardens
- preparation for parties and other student events