OSA guidelines to Appeal of Final Result
You are able to appeal any final grade of a course, not just a fail grade, so long as you meet the criteria. The process for lodging an appeal is outlined in the Course Management and Assessment Procedure Manual. You can find out more information, including the eligibility criteria and process, here. Please NOTE that you currently have only 10 university working days to lodge an appeal and it is very important that you contact us for assistance as soon as possible.
Note: If you have failed a course in the last year of your program and are otherwise eligible to graduate, you should follow the process for an Application for a supplementary assessment (Potential Graduate).
How we can help
There are a number of ways we can help you with your Appeal of Final Result. We can:
- Help you determine if you meet the eligibility criteria
- Provide you with information about how to best approach your course co-ordinator
- Give advice on how to write your appeal statement
- Review your application, provide feedback to help you present your strongest case
- Review your supporting documentation and check that it is all in order, relevant and in the correct format
- If your application is rejected, we can help you determine if you have grounds for appeal and assist you in preparing your appeal application.
Please email Office of Student Advocacy if you would like our support. Get in touch with us as early as possible in the process so we have enough time to review your application, provide feedback and get it back to you. Please note: Getting in touch with us on the day it’s due may not give us enough time to support you!