COVID-19 Vaccination Clinics
The University Health Service at Callaghan is an approved vaccination provider for COVID-19 vaccines (Cominarty (Pfizer) and Vaxzevria (AstraZeneca). We are happy to help provide COVID-19 immunisation for our staff and students and wider university community.
COVID-19 vaccinations are voluntary and free for everyone in Australia and help to prevent serious illness and death from COVID-19. Everyone aged 18 and over is eligible to receive AstraZeneca vaccine but should consult with their regular GP to discuss the risks and benefits beforehand, if aged under 60. Everyone aged aged 12 and over to receive Pfizer vaccine.
- You can book an appointment online through HotDoc for the appropriate vaccine.
If you have an appointment but have not yet completed a consent form, please download it and bring the completed form to your appointment.
To find out more information on:
- The AstraZeneca vaccine - please see this factsheet.
- The Cominarty (Pfizer Australia Pty Ltd) vaccine - please see Information on Comirnaty (Pfizer) COVID-19 vaccine.
- Thrombosis and thrombocytopenia syndrome - please see the AstraZeneca vaccine and the COVID-19 vaccination program - Patient information.
- Preparing for COVID-19 vaccination - please see this factsheet.
These resources were developed by the Australian Government Department of Health.
The University of Newcastle acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands within our footprint areas: Awabakal, Darkinjung, Biripai, Worimi, Wonnarua, and Eora Nations. We also pay respect to the wisdom of our Elders past and present.