Drugs and alcohol

If drugs or alcohol are becoming a problem for you or someone you know, there are people and resources available to help.

You can organise an appointment with the University’s Drug and Alcohol Counsellor through a referral from a Student Wellbeing Advisor or your counsellor.


Get information and advice on quitting smoking from:

The University of Newcastle acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands within our footprint areas: Awabakal, Darkinjung, Biripai, Worimi, Wonnarua, and Eora Nations. We also pay respect to the wisdom of our Elders past and present.