Level 4 - emergency
- Ensure your own safety and the safety of others
- Contact Security:
Callaghan Campus: (02) 4921 5888
Newcastle City Campus: (02) 4921 7962
Ourimbah Campus (Central Coast): (02) 4348 4222
Port Macquarie Campus: 0412 595 054
Sydney Campus: (02) 8262 6488
- If there is no answer, contact 000 (triple zero) for emergency services.
- Continue to monitor until help arrives.
- Seek support for yourself
- Danger of hurting self or others.
- Aggressive or violent behaviour.
- Highly agitated and may be hearing voices which are commanding action.
- Unable to function in student roles.
- Unable to function as part of community.
- Communications is obscure, irrational or illogical.
- Frightening others.
- Making threats.
- Odd, bizarre behaviour.
- May have made a suicide attempt.
- Acting aggressively.
- Neglecting basic self care.
- No routine.
- Could be homeless.
- Struggling with addictions.
- If threat is immediate, contact Security and activate Student Mental Health Emergency procedures.
The University of Newcastle acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands within our footprint areas: Awabakal, Darkinjung, Biripai, Worimi, Wonnarua, and Eora Nations. We also pay respect to the wisdom of our Elders past and present.