Level 1 - unfolding concern
- Let the student know that you have noticed their recent struggles and that help is available.
- Explain that seeking help earlier may prevent a problem getting bigger.
- Suggest they contact Student Support Services.
- Teary and anxious in class.
- Overwhelmed by end-of-semester workload and family responsibilities.
- Worried about assessments.
- Stressed about giving presentations.
- Minor relationship ups and downs.
- May withdraw briefly.
- Short-term symptoms such as irritability, low mood, poor sleep.
- Functions okay generally.
- Stress reaction. Normal coping returns once situation resolves.
- Support stress management, problem solving and peer support.
- Encouraging counselling if issues persist.