Information for staff

This page contains links to information and resources that staff may find helpful when assisting students, or seeking support for yourself.

Referring a student to Counselling and Psychological Services and Student Central

Staff are able to make a referral directly to Counselling and Psychological Services and Student Central. This can include concerns about a student’s mental or physical health, program and administrative issues, or other concerns.

Counselling staff will review the information provided and determine which service would be best placed to help the student. The student will be contacted and offered support. After you have sent the referral, it is encouraged that you to continue to follow up with the student as appropriate.

Please note, if the student is not aware of the referral, please contact Counselling and Psychological Services on (02) 4921 6622 to discuss.

Make a referral

More resources available

The University of Newcastle acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands within our footprint areas: Awabakal, Darkinjung, Biripai, Worimi, Wonnarua, and Eora Nations. We also pay respect to the wisdom of our Elders past and present.