Global Traveller Grant for Short Term Experiences
Global Traveller grants are provided by the Global Office to assist University of Newcastle students to undertake short term experiences.
|All locations||Winter Break||$500 - $750|
|All locations||Summer Break||$500 - $750|
- Answers to the following questions:
- Briefly describe how this location will enhance your current degree
- How is this experience going to benefit your future career
- Priority will be given to students undertaking an academic short course (agreement) opportunity
Students receiving an Australian Government Scholarship including New Colombo Plan or Endeavour Scholarships will not be eligible to apply for a global traveller grant.
To be considered for a Global Traveller Grant for a short term experience you must have been accepted into your overseas program and the overseas experience must count directly towards the completion of your degree or a specific course. Students are required to:
Students will be required to upload proof of acceptance and proof the experience is counting towards their degree as part of this application form.
- 1 June - For overseas opportunities taking place in the Winter Break
- 15 November - For overseas opportunities taking place in the Summer Break
The University of Newcastle acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands within our footprint areas: Awabakal, Darkinjung, Biripai, Worimi, Wonnarua, and Eora Nations. We also pay respect to the wisdom of our Elders past and present.