The University of Newcastle, Australia

Are staff members required to Report to the University, if I have Disclosed an incident of Sexual Assault or Sexual Harassment?

No. Disclosures are about your safety and wellbeing. However, if the staff member has concerns about your safety or welfare they may reach out to Campus Care for advice, or suggest you both do this together. Seeking advice from Campus Care ensures staff members feel supported to provide support to you.

A staff member seeking advice from Campus Care does not mean the same as a ‘Report’. If you would like the University to take action, a Report must be submitted first, and you will be provided with a choice of options that you may take.