The University of Newcastle, Australia

Campus Care Promo


  • Our primary concern is the safety and support of anyone who may have experienced harm or is at risk of harm.
  • You can report incidents or concerns through the online reporting portal, OR contact Campus Care to make a report in person.
  • If you are concerned for your immediate safety, contact Security Services, or in life threatening situations contact 000
For further information on how reports to the University are managed, please visit our FAQs on Reporting.

Free Translating and Interpreting Service

A free interpreting service is available for people who do not speak English. This service can be used with selected organisations, including Lifeline, the UON Crisis Support Line, UON Counselling and emergency services.

To access this service, call the Translating and Interpreting Service on 131 450 and ask to talk to the organisation you need (e.g., Lifeline on 13 11 14) in the language required. TIS will then call the organisation, and provide translation.

A call to Translating and Interpreting Service is the cost of a local call from landlines (additional charges apply for mobiles).