Student Ambassador Program
Are you passionate about your degree? Join our team!
Now recruiting enthusiastic, outgoing and confident students to represent the University of Newcastle as part of the Student Ambassador program.
This involves building a positive reputation for our University by providing accurate information on all University of Newcastle degrees, our admission requirements, application and selection procedures, student support services and university life in general.
The primary role of a Student Ambassador is to support the Future Students team through targeted recruitment and engagement initiatives including;
- Delivering presentations to prospective students about your degree and university experience
- Visiting local high schools in the local and greater NSW regions to promote studying at The University of Newcastle
- Attending career expos within NSW
- Leading campus tours
- Assisting with on-campus events, such as Open Days and Schools Visit Days
- Sharing your experiences on social media channels such as Facebook, YouTube and Twitter
- Assisting with student enquiries via email or social media during peak seasons
- Provide a personal profile and be willing to appear in University promotional tools such as the website and publications
As a Student Ambassador, you will develop leadership, communication and teamwork skills as you encourage others to consider studying at the University of Newcastle.
As a paid member of staff you will receive a casual hourly rate of $34.26 (HEW Level 2). You will participate in a two day training workshop at the commencement of the program and receive ongoing training in order to prepare you for the role.
Not only does being a Student Ambassador look good on your resume, but it also provides the perfect opportunity to get involved with the University and meet other current students!
Student Ambassadors are current students who have been involved in a variety of student experiences and they meet the following essential criteria;
- Are motivated, enthusiastic and an outgoing student
- Have excellent communication and customer service skills
- Have strong verbal skills (including presentation and effective public speaking)
- Demonstrate a willingness to share your university experience with prospective students and have the ability to relate to high school students
- Represent the University of Newcastle at events and activities with the purpose of creating a positive image of the University and degrees offered
- Are organised with good time management skills (able to work and study)
- Show initiative and can work with minimal supervision
You will also need to be available for our key 2019 Open Day events at our Newcastle and Central Coast campuses (dates TBA).
If you think you have what it takes to join our team...then apply now!
Submissions to be considered for the Student Ambassador team are accepted through CareerHub.
Please note that applications are now CLOSED and will reopen at the end of 2019.
The application procedure and requirements are outlined through CareerHub. You will need to attend a one hour workshop, submit your resume (max. 2 pages) and provide a statement addressing the selection criteria (max. 3 pages).
If you have any questions related to the position or the application process please email firstname.lastname@example.org, only after you have read the information provided on CareerHub.