Top100 Future Leaders Competition
Recognising top Australian students
Each year, GradConnection partners with Chandler Macleod and The Australian Financial Review to deliver the Top100 Graduate Employers and Future Leaders Competition and Awards Night. Since 2014, the event has been bringing together all parts of the graduate recruitment industry, including employers, graduates and universities for one of the biggest nights of the year.
The annual Top100 Future Leaders Competition is designed to put you through your paces and give you a taste of a full graduate recruitment process - even putting you in front of some of Australia's top employers for interviews!
This is a truly unique opportunity to develop your application skills, communication skills, and personal branding to give your career a head start before you even graduate.
The Future Leaders Competition is a chance to:
- Meet Employers: Gain exposure to Australia's top graduate employers.
- Practice Applying: Try out a real recruitment process before experiencing the real thing.
- Represent Your University: Help them rank higher in the Top100 University Awards.
- Increase Your Profile: Enhance your professional profile being featured in The Australian Financial Review.
Applications have now closed for the 2022 Top100 Future Leaders Competition. If you have submitted an application, GradConnection will let you know if you successfully progressed shortly after the completion of each stage.
Workshops and support
Interested in applying? The Careers Service is available to support you in the following ways.
Information Session and Application Workshop
We ran an online information session on Wednesday 11 August to provide more information about the Top100 Future Leaders Competition, including insights into the application process, and Psychometric testing.
Video Interviews and Communication Skills Workshop
We ran an online workshop on Wednesday 18 August to provide more information about the Top100 Future Leaders Competition, including insights into the application process around video interviews, and professional identity.
Ask A Question
Applicants can receive feedback on their application by uploading application responses to the Ask a Question button in CareerHub. A staff member will provide feedback within one business day.
When do applications open and close?
- Applications opened on Monday 9 August 2021 closed on Thursday 2 September 2021.
Who is eligible to apply?
- To qualify you must:
- Currently reside in Australia
- Be studying at an Australian University into 2022 (undergraduate or postgraduate)
- Be available to attend a full day's assessment centre and the awards evening that follows, if required, in February 2022. Note that, should you reside outside of the greater Sydney area, GradConnection will pay for return flights and accommodation
- Be registered on GradConnection. It's free and easy to sign up - register now!
What disciplines do the awards cover?
- No matter what discipline you are studying, you are eligible to apply - there is something for everyone!
- There are 5 stages in the application process, which follows a similar structure to applying for graduate programs:
- Application Form
- Psychometric Testing
- Video Interview
- Assessment Centre
- Awards Night - this is where you find out if you have won!
How will I know if I've made it to the next stage?
- GradConnection will let you know if you successfully progressed shortly after the completion of each stage.
Where is the assessment centre held?
- At the University of Technology campus in Sydney, near Central Station.
I don't live in Sydney, can I still apply? How would I get to the assessment centre and awards night?
- Yes, if you're located outside of the greater Sydney area, you might be eligible to have your flights and accommodation paid for - contact email@example.com for more information.
When do I know if I've won?
- The winners are announced at the awards night in February 2022, with the full list printed shortly afterwards in the Australian Financial Review.
The University of Newcastle acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands within our footprint areas: Awabakal, Darkinjung, Biripai, Worimi, Wonnarua, and Eora Nations. We also pay respect to the wisdom of our Elders past and present.